Sunday, 24 May 2015

Die R Us

Lots of layering for today's card that it's going to cost me a bomb to send out internationally.  However, if it's for a good friend - why not.

This card involved lots of die cutting.  The border is from spellbinder Scalloped Border Two.  I alternated each layers with white and kraft and on the second layer, I zig-zag machine stitched it and the top layer is dry embossed.  The sentiment is from Verve and the die cut is from A2 Filigree Delight.  All white edges were lightly distressed with TH Victorian Velvet.

As for the flower, I found some fabric washi tapes and I taped them onto a punched circles cardstock and wrinkle them.  Thereafter, I distressed the edges with TH Antique Linen.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges : Dies R USPenny Black and MoreAll Sorts Challenge and The Kraft Journal.



Weather has been glorious that DH and I made a cycle tour of about 24km and along the water close to our area.


A close-up of the church

A close-up of the windmill. I believed this windmill was used for wood sawing years ago.

Thanks for dropping by.





10 comments:

brenda said...

Where to start Lai- Yoke, lovely photos and so pleased you are having some nice weather.

Your card is a delight, great use of the border dies, the stitching is a great touch and the flower is lovely.

Thanks so much for joining our birthday celebrations at Allsorts, good luck with the prize draw.

B x

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful layering on this card Lai-Yoke! And the fabric flower makes such a nice focal point, love it.
Hope the weather tomorow is the same as today since we also planned to do a bicycle tour.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Your card is gorgeous and I'm sure will be very appreciated!!! Thanks for sharing the awesome photos too ... beautiful!
Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ANNIVERSARY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card for your friend, lai-yoke! love the sweet little flower you created!

Cat's sCrap said...

Very elegant card and magnificent photos ! Bravo !

Hugs from France.
Cat's sCrap.

Sherri said...

Fabulous card! Love the gorgeous layers you built with the embossing and dies! Anyone would be thrilled to receive this! I'm so glad you could join us for the Dies R US Anniversary Challenge!

Shirley said...

Such a pretty feminine card Lai-Yoke. Gorgeous die cuts and I love the material flower.
Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and More this month and good luck in our prize draw.

Shirley

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful creation! Love the embossing and diecutting! Great photos!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

Greta said...

Your card is gorgeous & will be treasured, I know! Love seeing pictures of your area--beautiful!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh so romantic your card
feel shabby chic again here
that flower really adorable touch and the pearl too..I love your dies frame and the border there...love your romantic creation and the windmill yeah I was ever seen that as I visited my friend in Holland it was 2003 I did not have children at all hehehe
Lovely Pics by the way...