Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Craft Stamper Feb

It's such a beautiful day today with lots of sunshine despite the weather forecast that we were expecting rains and hails!

I was playing with the embossing folder and trying to implement HA Background newspaper print into my card as I wanted to enter this card into Craft Stamper challenge.  Finally, I came up with this idea.  First, I stamped the newspaper background onto cardstock and then run it thru the embossing folder. Then I applied different distress inks of blues onto the card and added some Wink of Stella glitter around the edge.  Lastly, heat embossed the sentiment from PB in gold onto a piece of vellum.

I am also entering this card into ABNHSimon Says Wednesday and CASology challenges.


glitters around the card

So happy that I can make so many cards this week....

8 comments:

brenda said...

It sounds like you are really enjoying your week Lai-Yoke and lovely you have made so many cards, this is another beauty and super background.

B x

Virginia Lu said...

Beautiful stamping, Lai-Yoke! The added vellum with sentiment is perfect in this! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Linda said...

Lovely card ..... great background and I love the colour. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge. Linda xx

Rosemary said...

oh that background you created is just amazing, lai-yoke!!

Martha said...

Lai-Yoke, what a lovely card this is.
I love the vellum & gold-embossing.

Greta said...

Wow--so unique & beautiful, Lai-Yoke--love this card!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at the CASology challenge this week!

Monika Reeck said...

I have to read your explanation
I was guessing it is an embossing paste and you gave blue embossing powder on it
no it was an embossing folder woooww
how did you do that the white area still white???
I want to learn from you Lai Yoke
this is a cool technique
I never try(I am newbie at having big shot and my embossing folder still maybe only 10 pcs haha)
Love this elegant card
love that gold on vellum
hugs
Monika